- Prep Time - 30 mins
Cook Time - 20 mins
Servings - 1 large box
- 2 cups Laxmi Bhog Besan
- ¼ tsp turmeric / Haldi
- ½ tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli powder / Lal Mirch powder
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp Ajwain / Carom seeds
- ¼ tsp Baking soda / Papad kharo
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Water to knead dough
- Oil for deep frying
Cooking Directions -
- Firstly, in a large mixing bowl add in 2 cups Laxmi Bhog Besan, ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp chilli powder, ¼ tsp ajwain, ¼ tsp baking soda / papad kharo and salt to taste.
- Also add 2 tbsp oil and mix well.
- Further add warm water as required and knead.
- Knead for 5 minutes or till the dough turns soft and smooth.
- Add a tsp oil and coat the dough well.
- Cover with moist cloth and rest for 30 minutes.
- Knead again for a minute making sure the dough is soft.
- Pinch a ball sized dough and make a cylindrical shape.
- On a wooden board place the dough and stick one side.
- Press and stretch it thin with the help of palms in forward direction.
- Srape off with the help of knife without damaging the fafda.
- Now deep fry in hot oil. do not over crowd the fafdas as they wont cook well.
- Stir occasionally keeping the flame on medium.
- Fry fafdas for a minute or two, till they turn golden and crispy.
- Finally, serve gujarati fafda with green chutney or kadi.