- Prep Time - 30 mins
- from Besan
- 2 cups Laxmi Bhog Besan
- 1 big Onion finely chopped
- 6 Green Chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder
- A pinch of Baking Soda
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- Oil to deep fry
- Salt to taste
Cooking Directions -
- Combine Laxmi Bhog Besan, onion, green chillies, salt, red chilli powder, baking soda and lots of fresh cilantro in a mixing bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients well and add water to make a medium thick batter.
- Heat up a pan and add adequate quantity of oil to deep fry.
- As oil heats enough, then add a big spatula of prepared batter.
- Turn to fry from both the sides and when half fried, then take out from the oil. Leave to cool.
- Now again pour a spatula of batter in the hot oil and take out from the oil when half fried. Leave to cool.
- After few minutes when the half fried big pakoda is cool enough, then make small-small pakode from that big pakoda.
- Again deep fry in hot oil for few seconds, lower the flame.
- Turn and fry from all the sides.
- Take out from the oil and keep on absorbent paper.
- In this way make small-small pakode from each big pakoda.
- Serve hot with Indian flat bread or puri and accompanied by green chutney or tomato sauce.
- While frying for second time, add few that means 4-5 small pakode at a time, in this way it will be easy for you to flip and turn them for evenly frying.
- Do not add more water, this batter should be medium thick in consistency, so that while frying it should not spread in the oil.