Wheat Cake with Jaggery
- Prep Time - 20 mins
- from Atta
- 1 Cup Laxmi Bhog Atta
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon Green Cardamom powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar or Jaggery powder
- 1 Cup thick Curd or Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Milk, at room temperature
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil or refined oil
- 1/4 Cup Chopped almonds
- 1/4 Cup Chopped walnuts
Cooking Directions -
- Combine sugar, curd, milk, olive oil in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk for 5 – 6minutes using a hand mixer or an electric beater. All the ingredients should mix well together.
- Sift togetherLaxmi Bhog Atta, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, cardamom powder, salt. Mix nicely using a spatula.
- Gently cut and fold the batter using a spatula to mix nicely. Make sure no streaks of flour remain in the batter. Keep the batter aside to rest for 5 – 6 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 180 – degrees Celcius for 10 minutes. Grease a 9 – inch rectangular loaf pan with oil or line with parchment paper.
- Pour the cake batter into the tin. Tap the tin gently to release the trapped air. Sprinkle chopped nuts on top of the cake.
- Bake for 60 minutes in the middle rack of the oven. After 60 minutes, insert a toothpick and check the cake for doneness. Transfer to a wire rack to cool down completely.
- Serve eggless atta cake for the teatime.
- Instead of cinnamon powder, you can use chai masala or garam masala powder.
- Allow the cake batter to rest for 5 – 6 minutes before baking. This way gluten strands formed during mixing will relax. Hence, the cake will not be hard.
- Do not mix the cake batter for too long.
- Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature especially milk and curd before adding in the cake batter.