Atta Halwa Recipe
- Prep Time -
Cook Time - 30 mins
Servings - 10
- 1 cup Ghee / Clarified Butter
- 1 cup Laxmi Bhog Atta
- ¼ tsp Elaichi Powder
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 cup Water
Cooking Directions -
- Firstly, in a large kadhai heat 1 cup ghee.
- Add in 1 cup Laxmi Bhog Atta and mix well without forming any lumps.
- Roast on low to medium flame stirring continuously.
- After 10-15 minutes, the mixture will start to turn golden and aromatic.
- Slowly after 20 minutes, the mixture will turn dark golden brown indicating wheat flour has cooked completely. Keep aside.
- Now in a saucepan take 1 cup sugar and 3 cup water.
- Stir well-dissolving sugar and boil for 2 minutes. No need to get thread consistency sugar syrup.
- Pour the hot boiling sugar syrup over wheat mixture stirring continuously over medium flame.
- Be careful as the mixture will splutter.
- Keep stirring continuously, till the Laxmi Bhog Atta will absorb all the water.
- Continue to cook for 5 minutes stirring continuously without forming lumps.
- Now add ¼ tsp. cardamom powder and mix well.
- Finally, serve Atta ka halwa hot or warm.