Rajasthani Kadhi Recipe
- Prep Time - 2 mins
- from Besan
For Kadhi Mixture
- 1 cup sour full fat Curd (khatta dahi or yogurt)
- 2 cups Water
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Laxmi Bhog Besan
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Salt as required
- 2 tablespoons oil or 2 tablespoons Ghee
- ½ teaspoon Mustard seeds
- ¼ teaspoon Methi dana
- ½ teaspoon Sumin seeds
- Small to medium Tejpatta
- A generous pinch of hing
- ½ teaspoon Red Chili powder
- 2 dry Red chilies - kept whole or halved and seeds removed
Cooking Directions -
Making Rajasthani Kadhi
- Mix the above mentioned kadhi ingredients including salt, till smooth in a pan. Use a wired whisk to stir. No lumps should be there.
- Keep on a low flame and stirring at intervals simmer and cook for 12 to 15 minutes till the Laxmi Bhog Besan gets cooked and the kadhi thickens a bit.
- The consistency of the kadhi is neither thick nor thin.
- Keep aside covered.
Tempering Rajasthani Kadhi
- Heat oil or ghee in a small pan. Add the mustard seeds along with the bay leaf first.
- Let the mustard seeds start popping & crackling.
- Then add cumin seeds and methi dana. Stir and add red chilies and hing.
- Fry for a few seconds till the red chilies darken a bit. Switch off the flame.
- Add the red chili powder and stir. Immediately pour this tempering into the kadhi.
- Cover and let the tempering flavors infuse with the kadhi.
- After 5 to 6 mins, stir and serve rajasthani kadhi hot with phulkas, steamed rice or jeera rice.