Sweet Dalia Recipe
- Prep Time - 5 mins
- from Dalia
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- ½ cup Laxmi Bhog Kesari Dalia
- 1.5 to 1.75 cups Water
For Making Sweet Dalia
- 1.5 cups Milk or add as required
- ⅓ cup Sugar or add as per taste
- ½ teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon Chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon Chopped cashews
Cooking Directions -
Pressure Cooking Dalia
- Heat 1 tablespoon ghee in a 2 liter pressure cooker.
- Keep flame to medium-low and add ½ cup Laxmi Bhog Kesari Dalia
- Mix it with the ghee and on a low to medium-low flame; roast the Laxmi Bhog Kesari Dalia in ghee.
- Stir continuously while roasting.
- Roast for 3 to 4 minutes on a low to medium-low flame. The Laxmi Bhog Kesari Dalia will become aromatic and the color will change.
- Then add 1.5 to 1.75 cups water. If using a large cooker, then add more water. Stir and mix very well.
- On a medium flame pressure cook for about 5 to 6 whistles or 5 to 6 minutes.
- When pressure settles down on its own, remove the lid and check if the Laxmi Bhog Kesari Dalia is cooked well. If not then add more water and pressure cook again.
Making Sweet Dalia
- Add 1.5 cups milk to the cooked Laxmi Bhog Kesari Dalia.
- Add ⅓ cup sugar or add as required.
- Mix well and keep the cooker on a medium-low flame.
- Let the mixture come to a simmer and gentle boil. Stir at times.
- Simmer for 8 to 9 minutes. Do stir so that the milk does not stick to the bottom of the cooker. Check the taste and add more sugar if required. For a slightly thin sweet Laxmi Bhog Kesari Dalia, you can also add more milk. The consistency of this sweet Laxmi Bhog Kesari Dalia is like rice kheer.
- Add ½ teaspoon cardamom powder.
- Add 1 tablespoon chopped almonds and 1 tablespoon chopped cashews.
- Mix well and simmer Dalia for a minute or two.
- Serve Dalia hot or warm.