Rava Dhokla Recipe
- Prep Time - 15 mins
- from Suji
- 2 cup fine Laxmi Bhog Suji
- ½ inch Ginger + 1 Green Chili - crushed and made into a paste
- 1 cup Water or add as required
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- ½ teaspoon Sugar or add as per taste
- 1 pinch Turmeric powder
- 1 to 1.25 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon eno or Baking Soda
- Salt as required
- ½ teaspoon mustard Seeds
- ½ teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 8 to 10 curry leaves
- 1 pinch of hing
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Water
- ½ tablespoon Oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh grated coconut, optional
Cooking Directions -
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned under the list 'Main ingredients' except for the baking soda/eno.
- The batter has to be slightly thicker than the idli batter.
- Keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile add 3-4 cups water in the steamer and heat it.
- Grease a pan with oil. Add baking soda/eno to the batter and stir briskly.
- Don't overdo as you don't want the air bubbles to escape.
- Quickly pour the batter in the prepared pan.
- Spread evenly and shake the pan to even out the batter.
Steaming Rava Dhokla
- Keep the pan in the steamer.
- Cover the steamer and steam for approx. 18-20 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick to see the doneness and if the toothpick comes out clean, then the rava dhokla is ready.
- Remove and allow to cool for 5-6 minutes.
- You can temper directly or unmould the rava dhokla carefully in a serving plate and then slice and then temper it.
Making Tempering For Rava Dhokla
- Heat oil in a small pan. First add the mustard seeds. Let them pop first.
- Then add cumin and allow them to crackle.
- Add the hing, sesame seeds and curry leaves and fry for some seconds.
- Switch off the flame. Add 2-3 tbsp. water in the tempering.
- Be careful as the oil is hot and adding water would create a splurge. So add the water carefully.
- Pour the tempering mixture evenly over the rava dhokla.
- Top with some chopped coriander leaves or freshly grated coconut.
- Slice and serve them warm or cool.