- Prep Time - 15 mins
- from Maida
For Jalebi batter:
- ½ cup Laxmi Bhog Maida
- 1 tsp corn Flour
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Yogurt (curd)
- 5 tbsp Water (or as required)
- ⅛ tsp Food colour (optional)
For sugar syrup:
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- ¼ tsp Saffron strands ( kesar ) (optional)
- ¼ tsp Cardamom powder ( elachi )powder
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- Oil for deep frying
Cooking Directions -
- In a mixing bowl, mix Laxmi Bhog Maida, corn flour, curd.
- Then add half tsp vinegar and water.
- Mix well in round circular directions for 4 minutes.
- Now add baking soda and give a gentle mix.
- Now pour this batter in the empty tomato ketchup bottles carefully.
- Heat oil in a pan and add 1 tbsp of ghee.
- Squeeze the bottle and make round spirals with the batter.
- When one side is partly cooked, turn over and fry the other side.
- Fry till the jalebis are a light golden.
- Then immediately drop the fried jalebis in the warm sugar syrup for 30 seconds (1 string consistency).
- Finally, serve jalebis hot, warm or at room temperature.