Masaledar Poori Recipe
- Prep Time - 35 mins
- from Atta
- 2 cups Laxmi Bhog Atta
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon Ajwain
- 1 teaspoon Salt or add as required
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- ½ cup Water or as required for kneading
- Oil for Deep frying
Cooking Directions -
- In a bowl or pan, add all the spice powders and salt to Laxmi Bhog Atta. In a clockwise order the spices are - turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, ajwain, black pepper powder and red chili powder. Salt is added in the center.
- Mix the spice powders with the flour with a spoon, so that the spices are evenly distributed in the flour. Then make a well in the center and add oil.
- Add some water. Mix and then begin to knead.
- As required, add more water in between while kneading dough.
- Knead into firm dough with sufficient water. Cover and let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
Rolling Masaledar Poori
- After 30 minutes, knead again. Divide the dough into small or medium-sized balls.
- Take each ball. Flatten it and spread a bit of oil on both sides. Using oil while rolling is better than using flour, as theflour particles get browned or burned in oil, while frying.
- Roll this ball into a small or medium sized circle of medium thickness. Don't make too thick or thin.
Frying Masaledar Poori
- Heat oil in a kadai or pan till its medium hot. Slid the rolled poori and deep fry in hot oil.
- With help of a slotted spoon, gently nudge and press so that the pooris puff up.
- When the oil stops sizzling, turn over and fry the other side of the pooris.
- When golden, remove from the slotted spoon and drain them on kitchen paper napkins to remove excess oil. Make all pooris this way.
- Serve these Masaledar Pooris hot plain or with a side potato curry.