Phulka / Roti / Chapati Recipe
- Prep Time - 10 mins
- from Atta
- 3 cup Laxmi Bhog Atta
- 1 tsp Salt
- Warm Water (for kneading)
- Oil or Clarified Butter
Cooking Directions -
- Firstly, in a large bowl take 3 cup Laxmi Bhog Atta and 1 tsp salt. mix well.
- Now add water as required and knead the dough. using water helps to prepare super soft dough.
- Punch the dough and sprinkle water.
- Knead the dough until it turns super soft and non-sticky. Approximately 7 minutes of kneading is required.
- Now place the dough in an airtight box and grease with 1 tsp oil.
- Cover and rest for 20 minutes.
- Knead the dough again and pinch a ball sized dough and roll uniformly.
- Dust with wheat flour and roll thinly.
- Roll without putting much pressure.
- Place the rolled disk on hot tawa. make sure the flame is on medium.
- Cook until the base is half cooked. once the base is half cooked, flip over.
- Cook fully on the other side.
- Now place the half-cooked side on the flame.
- Increase the flame until it puffs up.
- Turnover and cook both the sides on the flame.
- Finally, phulka is ready. Grease with clarified butter( ghee) or oil.